The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight on Music of Duke Ellington (Hr-1)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 77 airing February 19, 2017 (an encore from March 18, 2012) featured a spotlight on music composed by, or associated with Edward Kennedy "Duke" Ellington (April 29, 1899 – May 24, 1974), an American composer, pianist and band leader in music presented by Kent Lindquist, while co-host Bill Satterlee was off this week. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
8 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album, Composer, Time length
1. Cottontail, Benny Carter, Further Definitions, Duke Ellington, 4:26 min.
2. In A Mellow Tone, Oscar Peterson, The More I See You, Duke Ellington, 4:52 min.
3. Come Sunday, Ben Webster-Joe Zawinul, Soul Mates, Duke Ellington, 5:10 min.
4. Main Stem, Zoot Sims, Hawthorn Nights, Duke Ellington, 5:03 min.
5. I Let a Song Go Out Of My Heart, Johnny Hodges, Everyone Knows Johnny Hodges, Duke Ellington, 4:47 min.
6. Rockin' In Rhythm, Clark Terry, The Happy Horns of Clark Terry, Duke Ellington, 4:41 min.
7. C Jam Blues, All Star Band, The Greatest Jazz Concert In The World, Duke Ellington, 6:12 min.
8. All Too Soon, Buddy Tate, Tate A Tate, Duke Ellington, 4:14 min.
9. Do Nothing 'Til You Hear From Me, Ahmad Jamal; I Remember Duke, Hoagie & Strayhorn, Duke Ellington, 5:52 min.