The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight on Johnny Mercer (Hr-1)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 97 airing March 5, 2017 (an encore from September 16, 2012) featured a spotlight on music compositions by John Herndon "Johnny" Mercer (November 18, 1909 – June 25, 1976), an American lyricist songwriter and singer in music presented by Kent Lindquist, while co-host Bill Satterlee presented music by artists like The Heath Brothers, Terry Gibbs, Paul Quinichette and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
8 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album, Composer, Time length
1. Out Of This World, Buf Shank-Bill Perkins, Serious Swinges, Johnny Mercer-Harold Arlen, 7:47 min.
2. Blues In The Night, Red Garland, Soul Burnin', Johnny Mercer-Harold Arlen, 5:10 min.
3. Fynny Blues, Art Pepper, The Return of Art Pepper, Art Peper, 4:36 min.
4. Too Marvelous For Words, J.J. Johnson, The Eminent J.J. Johnson, Vol. 2; Johnny Mercer-Richard Whiting, 3:34 min.
5. Disorder At The Border, Dizzy Gillespie, Dizzy Gillespie, Coleman Hawkins, 2:55 min.
6. One For My Baby, Tal Farlow, Chromatic Palette, Johnny Mercer-Harold Arlen, 5:28 min.
7. Reverence, Milt Jackson, Reverence and Compassion, John Clayton, 4:19 min.
8. Too Marvelous For Words, Oscar Peterson, The Vocal Stylings of Oscar Peterson, Johnny Mercer-Richard Whiting, 2:49 min.
9. Blue Selah, Johnny Hammond, CTI The Master Collection, L. Johnson, 6:43 min.
10. Charade, Quincy Jones, Too Marvelous For Words, Johnny Mercer-Henry Mancini, 3:18 min.