The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight on J.J. Johnson (Hr-1)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 283 airing March 19, 2017 featured a spotlight on American jazz trombonist, composer and arranger James Louis "J. J." Johnson (January 22, 1924 – February 4, 2001) in music presented by Kent Lindquist, while co-host Bill Satterlee was off this week. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
8 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album, Composer, Time length
1. Turnpike, J.J. Johnson, J.J. Johnson Eight Classic Albums - J.J. Johnson Vol. 1 (Real Gone Jazz), Clifford Brown, 4:15 min.
2. House of Chan, Woods-Byrd, LP: The All-Star Jam: Youngbloods Session (Prestige), Phil Woods, 5:49 min.
3. Solar, J.J. Johnson, J.J. Johnson Eight Classic Albums - J Is For Jazz (Real Gone Jazz), Miles Davis, 5:13 min.
4. Love For Sale, Hank Mobley Quartet, Hank Mobley Quartet (Blue Note), Cole Porter, 4:31 min.
5. Old Devil Moon, J.J. Johnson, J.J. Johnson Eight Classic Albums - The Earnest J.J. Johnson Vol. 2 (Real Gone Jazz), Burton Lane-Yip Harburg (lyrics), 3:51 min.
6. Maybe So, The Elmo Hope Quintet, LP: New Faces Vol. 2 (Blue Note), Elmo Hope, 4:23 min.
7. Blue Monk, J.J. Johnson, J.J. Johnson Eight Classic Albums - The Great Kai and J.J. (Real Gone Jazz), Thelonius Monk, 4:29 min.
8. Killer Joe, The Jazztet, The 25 Best Tunes of 1960 - Meet The Jazztet (Chrome Dreams), Benny Golson, 4:57 min.
9. Hello Young Lovers (from the musical, "The King and I"), Bobby Timmons, The 25 Best Tunes of 1960 - This Here is Bobby Timmons (Chrome Dreams), Bobby Timmons, 3:33 min.