The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight on Harold Arlen (Hr-1)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 92 airing March 26, 2017 (an encore from August 5, 2012) featured a spotlight on music compositions by Harold Arlen (born Hyman Arluck; February 15, 1905 – April 23, 1986), an American composer of popular music, in music presented by Kent Lindquist, while co-host Bill Satterlee took the week off. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
8 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album, Composer, Time length
1. Get Happy, Ken Peplowski-Jay Leonhart, Sensitive to the Touch - The Music of Harold Arlen, Harold Arlen, 4:30 min.
2. Over The Rainbow, Bud Shank, The Bud Shank Sextet Plays Harold Arlen, Harold Arlen, 5:05 min.
3. Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead, Bud Shank, The Bud Shank Sextet Plays Harold Arlen, Harold Arlen, 5:50 min.
4. It's Only a Paper Moon, Miles Davis, The Jazz Giants Play Harold Arlen - Blues in the Night, Harold Arlen, 5:26 min.
5. Blues In The Night, Red Garland, The Jazz Giants Play Harold Arlen - Blues in the Night, Harold Arlen, 5:05 min.
6. Sleepin' Bee, Bill Evans, The Jazz Giants Play Harold Arlen - Blues in the Night, Harold Arlen, 4:20 min.
7. Out Of This World, Gerry Mulligan's Concert Band, Out of This World, Harold Arlen, 3:50 min.
8. That Old Black Magic, Benny Carter, Benny Carter Cosmopolite, Harold Arlen, 6:45 min.
9. My Shining Hour, Ruby Braff and His new England Soundhounds, (same as artist), Harold Arlen, 5:40 min.