The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight-2 on Dick Hyman
The Feeling of Jazz, Program No. 422 airing May 16, 2021 featured another spotlight on American jazz pianist and composer Richard Hyman (born March 8, 1927), in music presented by Kent Lindquist. Meanwhile, co-host Al Corns featured other main stream jazz artists like Stan Getz, Oscar Peterson, Chuck Hedges and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
8 p.m. Hour - Music by Title, Artist (Album), Composer, Time length
1. Dickie's Dream, Dick Hyman, Swing Is Here (Reference Recordings), Lester Young-Count Basie, 8:07 min.
2. Pennies From Heaven, Stan Getz-Oscar Peterson, Stan Getz & Oscar Peterson Trio (Verve 1990), A. Johnston-J. Burke, 5:16 min.
3. I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm, Dick Hyman, Dick Hyman Plays The Great American Songbook: Porter-Berlin-Arlen (Music Masters Jazz), Irving Berlin, 5:36 min.
4. Cheek To Cheek, Chuck Hedges, Chuck Hedges Quartet: No Greater Love (Arbors 1993), Irving Berlin, 5:41 min.
5. Wings n' Things, Dick Hyman, Bob Wilber and Dick Hyman: A Perfect Match (Arbors Records 1998), Johnny Hodges, 5:43 min.
6. Ode To A Flugelhorn, Clark Terry-Bob Brookmeyer, The Power of Positive Swinging (Mainstream 1965), C. Terry, 5:32 min.
7. Bob White (Whatcha Gonna Swing Tonight), Dick Hyman, Music of 1937 (Concord Jazz), Jazztone 1957), A. Blakey, 8:14 min.
9 p.m. Hour - Music by Title, Artist (Album), Composer, Time length
1. You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To, Dick Hyman-Music Director, The King of Swing and the Republic of Oop Bop Sh'Bam - Jazz in July at the 92nd Street 'Y' (Music Masters), Cole Porter, 5:28 min.
2. I'm Through With Love, Coleman Hawkins, Hollywood Stampede (Capitol 1972), M. Malneck-F. Livingston-G. Kahn, 3:14 min.
3. Cheek to Cheek, The Dick Hyman Trio, The Dick Hyman Trio: Cheek To Cheek (Arbors Records), Irving Berlin, 5:21 min.
4. Brother Can You Spare A Dime, Dave Brubeck Quartet, Instant Brubeck (Harmony 1968), Harburg-Gorney, 5:24 min.
5. Well You Needn't, The Dick Hyman Trio, Cheek To Cheek (Arbors Records), Thelonius Monk, 5:43 min.
6. The Sidewalks of New York, Milt Jackson-Cannonball Adderly, Things Are Getting Better, (Riverside 1959), James Blake-Charles Lawlor, 6:51 min.
7. It's Only A Paper Moon, Dick Hyman, Bob Wilber and Dick Hyman: A Perfect Match (Arbors Records 1998), E.Y. (Yip) Harburg- Billy Rose-Harold Arlen, 5:45 min.
8. Blues By Five, Miles Davis, Cookin' With the Miles Davis Quintet (Prestige 1957), Miles Davis, 9:50 min.