The Feeling of Jazz, program No. 405 airing November 22, 2020 featured a spotlight on American jazz pianist and composer Robert Henry Timmons (December 19, 1935 – March 1, 1974), known professionally as Bobby Timmons in music presented by Kent Lindquist. Meanwhile, co-host Al Corns featured other main stream jazz artists like Miles Davis, Stan Getz, Frank Wess, Frank Foster and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
8 p.m. Hour - Music by Title, Artist, Album Composer, Time length
1. Princess, Bobby Timmons, Bobby Timmons: The Riverside Albums Collection (Orig. LP: Jenkins, Jordan & Timmons) (Prestige), Jenkins, 6:19 min.
2. So What, Miles Davis Sextet, Kind of Blue (Columbia), Miles Davis, 9:22 min.
3. This Here, Bobby Timmons, This Here is Bobby Timmons (Riverside), Bobby Timmons, 3:35 min.
4. Three Little Words, Stan Getz-Oscar Peterson Trio, Stan Getz/Oscar Peterson Trio (Verve), Bert Kalmar-Harry Ruby, 6:35 min.
5. Soul Time, Bobby Timmons, Soul Time (Riverside), Bobby Timmons, 6:24 min.
6. Lazy Sal, Frank Wess-Frank Foster, North South East Wess (Savoy 1955), Henry Coker, 6:06 min.
7. Old Devil Moon, Bobby Timmons, Easy Does It (Riverside), Harburg-Lane, 4:38 min.
8. Fine and Mellow, Gene Ammons, Got My Own (Prestige 1972), Billie Holiday, 4:51 min.
9 p.m. Hour - Music by Title, Artist, Album Composer, Time length
1. Softly As In A Morning Sunrise, Bobby Timmons, In Person (Riverside), Hammerstein-Kern-Romberg, 5:30 min.
2. Indian Summer, George Shearing, When Lights Are Low (MGM 1955), B. Carter-S. Williams, 2:53 min.
3. You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To, Bobby Timmons, Sweet and Soulful Sound (Riverside), Cole Porter, 4:37 min.
4. Body and Soul, Gerry Mulligan Concert Jazz Band, At The Village Vanguard (Verve 1961), J. Green-F. Eyton-E. Herman-R. Sour, 5:34 min.
5. Born To Be Blue, Bobby Timmons, Born To Be Blue, Riverside), Mel Torme', 4:29 min.
6. This Year's Kisses, Lester Young, Giants of Jazz Vol. II (ARS 1957), Irving Berlin, 6:43 min.
7. If I Should Lose You, Bobby Timmons, From The Bottom (Riverside), Ranger-Robin, 4:51 min.
8. Losers Blues, Groove Holmes-Jimmy Witherspoon, Blues For Spoon And Groove (Surrey 1965), Jimmy Bond, 2:12 min.
9. Moanin', Bobby Timmons, This Here (Riverside), Bobby Timmons, 5:10 min.
10. The Man From Monterey, Gil Fuller Orchestra, At The Monterey Jazz Festival (Pacific Jazz 1965), P. Moore, 3:55 min.