The Feeling of Jazz – The Jazz Giants Play the Compositions of George Gershwin, 06-26-2022
The Feeling of Jazz, Program No. 461 airing June 26, 2022 featured the Jazz Giants playing the compositions of George Gershwin (born Jacob Gershwine; September 26, 1898 – July 11, 1937), in music presented by co-host Kent Lindquist. Meanwhile, co-host Al Corns featured other main stream jazz artists like Paul Desmond, Zoot Sims, Cal Tjader and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
8 p.m. Hour - Music by Title, Artist (Album), Composer, Time length
1. But Not For Me, Miles Davis, Miles Davis and The Modern Jazz Giants (Prestige), George Gershwin, 4:34 min.
2. Greensleeves, Paul Desmond and The Modern Jazz Quartet (Red Baron 1971), George Gershwin, 3:10 min.
3. I've Got a Crush on You, Zoot Sims, Zoot Sims and the Gershwin Brothers (Pablo), George & Ira Gershwin, 2:55 min.
4. Big Bear, Cal Tjader-Stan Getz, The Cal Tjader-Stan Getz Sextet (Fantasy 1963), Cal Tjader, 4:33 min.
5. Fascinating Rhythm, Louise Belson, The Amazing Artistry of Lou Belson (Norgran), George Gershwin, 4:15 min.
6. Going Up, Duke Ellington-Johnny Hodges, Side By Side (Verve 1960), Duke Ellington, 4:50 min.
7. Mine, Buddy DeFranco, Buddy DeFranco and His Clarinet (Norgran), George Gershwin, 6:27 min.
8. Honeysuckle Rose, Count Basie, The Best of Count Basie (MCA 1980), A. Razaf-F. Waller, 3:01 min.
9. Out of the Past, Dizzy Gillespie, Greatest Trumpet Player of them All (Verve 1957), Benny Golson, 5:25 min.
10. Summertime, Kenny Burrell-Grover Washington, Blue Gershwin (compilation) (Blue Note), George Gershwin, 7:20 min.
9 p.m. Hour - Music by Title, Artist (Album), Composer, Time length
1. But Not For Me, Ike Quebec, Blue Gershwin (compilation) (Blue Note), George Gershwin, 3:45 min.
2. Tenderly, Don Byas, Don Byas (Crescendo 1974), Walter Gross-Jack Lawrence, 3:30 min.
3. Nice Work if You Can Get It, Thelonius Monk, Blue Gershwin (compilation) (Blue Note), George Gershwin, 3:03 min.
4. I'm Excited By You, Donald Byrd, Mustang Blue Note 1967), Sonny Red Kyner, 5:35 min.
5. Nice Work if You Can Get It, Jessica Williams, The Music of George Gershwin - Jazz Piano Essentials (Concord 1980), George Gershwin, 5:16 min.
. In Triplicate, Duke Ellington, 70th Birthday Concert (Solid State 1970), Duke Ellington, 6:19 min.
7. I Got Rhythm, Steffen Grapelli-McCoy Tyner, One on One (Milestonme 1990), George Gershwin, 2:45 min.
8. 'S Wonderful, Red Garland, Manteca (Prestige), George Gershwin, 6:41 min.
9. Things Ain't What They Used to Be, Clark Terry, Eddie Costa Memorial Concert (Colpix 1963), Duke Ellington, 11:22 min.